To test each of her sensors you can perform the steps below.
1. Remove Ariel from the pool
2. Place it in a location where the sensors will not pick up any obstructions.
3. Turn the unit ON, and be sure both paddle wheels are rotating forward.
4. Hold your hand in front of the sensor on one side.
Did the paddlewheel on the opposite side change direction?
Yes - that sensor is working correctly, go back to step 4 and repeat with the remaining sensors.
No - Please turn the unit off and clean the sensor with a soft cloth and a solution of vinegar diluted with water. Dry the sensor with a soft cloth and then repeat steps 3-4.
Did the Paddlewheel on the opposite side change direction?
Yes- The sensor is working correctly and just had a little build-up on it. You can prevent this by regularly cleaning the area with a soft cloth and a solution of vinegar diluted with water.
NO-Stop here the sensor is not working correctly. Please follow the instructions below.
If you find that you have a sensor not working correctly please use the link below to email us.
Please include the following information in the email:
1. The unit's serial number- if she is upside down, with the basket out there is a sticker on the back of the solar panel that has this number on it. ( example S/N: US12345956 OR S/N: PH1234565)
2. Your shipping address.
3. A good phone number for you. (UPS/FedEx requires one should we have to ship you anything.)
4. Please also include a photo of each of the black plastic areas located just above the orange bumpers on the front corners of the unit.