The NX was amazing Then NX2 came along and cleaned up
She started our massive pool cleaning revolution. She is stronger, smarter, and just plain beautiful
Now we have the amazing Ariel
With her stepped motor, increased intelligence, and good looks
she is skimming circles around any competition
That NX was the top of the line, but years have passed and supply chains have changed.
You have been our loyal customer.
You stuck with us from Kickstarter to lock down staffing issues
You deserve the best prices and the best machines.
Since we are no longer able to acquire replacement parts and offer repairs for the NX model, if your NX robot is under the weather, we are pleased to upgrade you to a refurbished Solar-Breeze NX2 for $214.00, which includes shipping to locations in the lower 48 states. This is the same price we would normally charge for an overhaul of an older unit. Customers in Canada, Hawaii, Alaska or Puerto Rico will be charged $269.00 to cover additional shipping costs.
Customers may also inquire about upgrading from an NX or an NX2 to our 2020 robot, Ariel, for additional cost.
Please submit a request if you:
- own an NX and would like to upgrade to an NX2 (Offer ends when we no longer have refurbished NX2 units to supply.)
- own an NX and would like to upgrade to Ariel
- own an NX2 and would like to upgrade to Ariel
What are the differences between the Solar-Breeze NX2 and Ariel?
Surface cleaning is the key to a sparkling clean pool because it prevents debris from sinking, which reduces algae and bacteria growth, and means that less filtration and sanitization are required. Both the NX2 and Ariel are designed to devour debris, and sport these awesome capabilities, features & benefits:
- Solar panels that produce enough power to run the unit and charge the battery during the day
- Rechargeable battery that powers the unit after the sun goes down
- Debris collection chamber that holds a substantial volume of material
- Easy to empty debris and clean the unit
- Multidirectional navigation
- No cords or hoses attached
- Can withstand severe rain and dust storms
- Ideal for all pool surfaces
- Reduces pool pump run time by up to 60%
- Reduces wear and tear on other pool equipment
- Spend less on chemicals, treatments and cleaning services
- Reduces carbon footprint
- Covers the surface of an average pool every 1.5 hours
- Functions in temperatures ranging from 40° to 130°F
- Can withstand water salinity of 6,500 ppm
Ariel offers several improvements and upgrades compared to the Solar-Breeze NX2, which it replaces. The front bumper wheels that were used for navigation with the NX series of robots have been eliminated, along with all of the mechanical systems that went with them. The rear paddle wheel has been split so that there are now two independently operating paddle wheels at the rear of the unit, which allow the unit to steer. The front bumper wheels have been replaced by sensors located at the front of the unit that help the unit detect when it is approaching the edge of the pool or any other obstruction. Ariel does not feature a chlorine dispenser like the Solar-Breeze NX2. Ariel has a mesh filter that collects and retains particles down to 200 microns in size and can be easily removed from the pool with a no-slip grip handle. The debris collection area of Ariel has about twice the capacity of a normal skimmer basket at the skimmer inlet of a pool.
Please submit a request if you are interested in upgrading.