Please follow the steps below.
If the status light is solid red ***Stop here use trouble shooting guide Troubleshooting - Solid red status light.****
If you have not already opened the unit skip to section two.
Section 1-Already open unit:
- You will need to visually inspect the front gear platform gears for damage.
- If the gears do not appear to be physically damaged you will need to inspect the platform itself for damage.
- If you can see physical damage to the gears or the platform it will need to be changed out.
There are 2 areas that are important to check they are circled in red in the photos below:
1. You can test this area first by wiggling the paddlewheel hub, It should be snug with no play.
2. The second area to test for movement is the pinion gear shaft
Section 2-Unopened Unit:
If you have not opened the unit up yet you can test the gear platforms by doing the following:
You will need a towel or some cardboard that you do not mind getting wet.
Pull your little robot out of the pool and place him on the deck.
Pull out his debris tray and chlorine tray and set it aside (avoid setting the chlorine tray on your deck).
Turn him upside down resting his solar panels on a towel or the cardboard.
Carefully reach under the unit and turn it on.
1. Are both paddle wheels turning?
Yes- but not smoothly -continue to step 6
No-You have a motor issue stop here!
Are the bumper wheels in the front of the unit turning ( the front is the end opposite of the switch)
Yes - continue to step 7
No-Stop here you have bad from gear platforms
Hold each of the paddlewheels and the front bumper wheels momentarily to see if you hear any grinding or the wheel stops.
Yes- I heard grinding - stop here you have a bad gear platform
No- continue step 8
Did the wheel stop, pause, then turn on again in reverse?
Yes- You will need to open the unit and check for debris that is impacted inside.****Stop here and use trouble shooting guide Troubleshooting - Solid red status light.****
No- There is likely an issue with the PCBA board or one of the motors *****Stop here and Email us so we can find the best repair option for you.******